Furniture shops worth stalking |
As an obsessive interior design fan, I tend to re-work some aspect of our house (or attempt to) every few months. Maybe it’s my Gemini nature or maybe I just like to shop. Either way, I collected this list of furniture shops (below) while staging properties a few years ago and have added on to it over the years… Cause, me = shopping problem. For best results, visit often!
- Sunset Bazaar A good one to check often. They have a few simple pieces that can be built new and a great refinisher.
- Pepe’s Next to Sunset Bazaar. I’ve picked up a number of pieces from this store! It’s small but packed and the inventory turns over often.
- Hernandez Furniture One of my favs. Get to know them and they can look out for a specific piece you might be shopping for. My last grab was a pair of brass 80’s cascade style lamps and I seriously heart them!
- 5 shops on Lankershim near Burbank Blvd in NoHo… Each shop has a different feel and specialty but I’ve found fun art, chairs and oddities at this collection of stores.
- Sunbeam Vintage Off the beaten path in Highland Park and their prices are on the higher side but definitely worth a regular vist.
- Revival Go often and go on Thursdays. No need to negotiate, they are the best!
- Danish Modern L.A. Worth checking for a special piece but they are definitely on the spendy side.
- Amsterdam Modern… Essentially the people who brought you Mowhawk General but their website is where it’s at. Fun to browse from home!
- Silica Three HUGE selection and negotiable.
- Shopclass A great Highland Park store that reminds me of a small Uncommon Objects in Austin, TX (which might be the BEST store in the world). Art, little decorative items and oddities are great here.
- Old 55 Cute store in Eagle Rock on Colorado. Also a great spot for Art and ash trays. And clocks.
- This is Not Ikea What can I say, a total dream land of cool stuff. Plan to spend some time there.
- Z Gallerie outlet Ok, so not a vintage furniture shop, so I hesitated to include it but great deals on smaller items and the occasional table or sofa.
If you know of a few I should add to the list, please hit me back!